Dunia Side Table
Stunning, eclectic, and glamorous our round side tables are a coveted statement piece.
From books and magazines to picture frames and beverages, our woven side tables are an eye-catching addition to your everyday décor and a very functional table top. Add a glass top to these round table tops to hold coffee mugs or cups and pair with our unique sisal coasters.
- Bonus feature! Rotate the table upside down to transform it into a floor urn or use in your entryway as an umbrella stand. You can't go wrong with this gorgeous one-of-a-kind piece.
- Made fairly: Made of the highest quality natural sisal fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Sisal is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweet grass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
Artisans make things using traditional crafting methods in line with sustainable and eco-friendly practices.
The materials of the product can be broken down through environmentally harmless natural processes and are made from sustainable materials and plant by-products.
Materials that can decompose into soil whether through a natural process or in an industrial composting facility.
Products designed to cause the least harm to people and the environment through their production, disposal or both, often using reclaimed or recycled materials.
A formalized or witnessed organizational commitment to upholding moral standards including fairness, honesty, and expectations of responsiveness and accountability.
These products are made so that social, environmental, and economic standards are met to improve the lives of communities. Workers are ensured fair prices, livable wages, and direct and transparent deals.
Products made by hand on a small scale and are meant to last, all without using large energy-consuming factories and production facilities.
This ethical practise also aims to educate women and providing opportunities to support themselves, their communities, and encouraging other women to do the same.
Crafted with locally available resources typically derived from plants, animals, or other naturally occurring materials.
This item is currently sold out.
- Product dimension: Approximately 14 inches D x 24 inches H
- Product Care:
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the table.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- Product of Origin: Handmade in Rwanda
- Return Policy: Returns accepted within 30 days of delivery.
- Shipping Info: 2 to 3 days, with one business day for processing.
- This captivating handmade side table is made from eco-friendly, sustainably sourced, renewable materials by women artisans in a fair trade and ethical setting.
- Sisal: Sisal is a biodegradable, renewable, sustainable, drought-resistant, ethically grown plant, and is strong, durable, stretchable, moisture resistant, resists saltwater deterioration, stain resistant, and has a fine surface texture that accepts a wide range of dyes. Sisal fibers come from the leaves of the Agave Sisalana cactus. About 1,000 fibers are taken from a single leaf, and the rest of the plant is used to either feed farm animals or produce electricity, ensuring nothing of the plant is wasted.
- Organic Dyes: Natural dyes are sustainable, eco-friendly, inexpensive, and very easy to source, being taken from plant sources like roots, berries, bark, leaves, wood, and fungi. It's also taken from certain insects and some minerals such as ochre. They are collected without the need to apply a manufacturing process, further diminishing its carbon footprint. Any waste from the process, and even the dye itself, is bio-degradable and non-polluting. Textile products colored with natural dyes are non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and baby-friendly.
- End Of Life
- Sisal and Organic dyes are biodegradable and compostable.
YOU'LL also LOVE
For every PRODUCT you PURCHASE,
a Tree is Planted in your NAME.
* ALL SHIPPING IS 100% CARBON OFFSET