Huye Handwoven Floor Basket I
Made of split bamboo and soft papyrus, this Huye floor basket will give a globally inspired feel to any room. Handmade by artisans in the village of Huye in Rwanda, they will bring a cultural and natural element to your home decor.
Our Huye floor basket can be used as shelf decoration or as a timeless storage alternative for children's toys to towels or blankets.
- Beautifully Unique: These floor baskets have a sophisticated, yet subtle feel. Create contemporary accent decor with these baskets in your living room, home office, or bathroom as additional storage or home organization for blankets, crafts, or children's toys.
- Well Matched Artwork: The baskets can be used to match any throw pillows, rugs, or furniture you already have. Style with additional baskets or vases for an incredible focal point in your home decoration.
- Artful and Helpful: Made of the highest quality natural bamboo and papyrus in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a woman in the remote village of Huye, Rwanda.
Artisans make things using traditional crafting methods in line with sustainable and eco-friendly practices.
The materials of the product can be broken down through environmentally harmless natural processes and are made from sustainable materials and plant by-products.
Designed and produced using innovative techniques to measure, offset, and reduce carbon emissions.
Materials that can decompose into soil whether through a natural process or in an industrial composting facility.
Products designed to cause the least harm to people and the environment through their production, disposal or both, often using reclaimed or recycled materials.
A formalized or witnessed organizational commitment to upholding moral standards including fairness, honesty, and expectations of responsiveness and accountability.
These products are made so that social, environmental, and economic standards are met to improve the lives of communities. Workers are ensured fair prices, livable wages, and direct and transparent deals.
Products made by hand on a small scale and are meant to last, all without using large energy-consuming factories and production facilities.
This ethical practise also aims to educate women and providing opportunities to support themselves, their communities, and encouraging other women to do the same.
Crafted with locally available resources typically derived from plants, animals, or other naturally occurring materials.
This item is currently sold out.
- Product dimension: 10.4 inches D x 15 inches H
- Weight: 19 oz.
- Product Care:
- Keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- Product of Origin: Handmade in Rwanda
- Return Policy: Replace or exchange your item within 2 weeks of receiving the product.
- Shipping Info: 2 business days via USPS
- This eco-friendly floor basket handmade by artisans in Rwanda using ethical practices, and fair trade are an inspiration and a sustainable step to improving the lives of the craftspeople while keeping the environment in mind.
- Bamboo: Sustainable, fast-growing, requires no irrigation and fertilizer, self-regenerates from its own roots, is naturally antibacterial, extremely strong and light, durable, produces 35% more oxygen than an equivalent stand of trees, sequesters carbon dioxide and is carbon neutral, is an excellent soil erosion inhibitor, grows in a wide range of environments, and fiber production has low environmental impact.
- End Of Life
- Both compostable and biodegradable
YOU'LL also LOVE
For every PRODUCT you PURCHASE,
a Tree is Planted in your NAME.
* ALL SHIPPING IS 100% CARBON OFFSET