Jumbo Geo Black Raffia Woven Wall Art Decor
These beautifully intricate Jumbo Geo Black Raffia Woven Wall Art Decor plates are designed to enhance and magnify any room. Leave the woven plate as a stand-alone piece or pair with other plates or bowls to transform your space. Match to throw pillows in your living room or bed set in your bedroom, each of these breathtaking designs was made with courage and heart by a woman in rural Rwanda. She hand-stitched a loop on the back of each basket so you too, can enjoy this piece easily on your wall.
They are also a thoughtful and meaningful personalized gift for any occasion, especially for new homeowners or wedding gifts.
- Stunning Art Decor: Intricately crafted with timeless tradition, this carefully dyed raffia fiber and sweet grass wall plate is a stunning statement piece.
- Styling Versatility: Style it in any room for a globally inspired feel. This beautiful wall plate is the perfect size as a stand alone piece or pair it with plates and trays for the cool color blocked family to create an eye-catching basket wall.
- Artful and Helpful: Handmade from raffia palm and banana fibers by skilled women artisans from Uganda. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for the artist. Each basket is 100% eco-friendly.
Artisans make things using traditional crafting methods in line with sustainable and eco-friendly practices.
The materials of the product can be broken down through environmentally harmless natural processes and are made from sustainable materials and plant by-products.
Materials that can decompose into soil whether through a natural process or in an industrial composting facility.
Products designed to cause the least harm to people and the environment through their production, disposal or both, often using reclaimed or recycled materials.
A formalized or witnessed organizational commitment to upholding moral standards including fairness, honesty, and expectations of responsiveness and accountability.
These products are made so that social, environmental, and economic standards are met to improve the lives of communities. Workers are ensured fair prices, livable wages, and direct and transparent deals.
Products made by hand on a small scale and are meant to last, all without using large energy-consuming factories and production facilities.
This ethical practise also aims to educate women and providing opportunities to support themselves, their communities, and encouraging other women to do the same.
Crafted with locally available resources typically derived from plants, animals, or other naturally occurring materials.
Materials that can be regeneratively produced like those made from plants and animals. This has a lower environmental impact compared to artificial products and metal.
This item is currently sold out.
- Product dimension: Diameter - 32 inches
- Product Care:
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- Product of Origin: Handmade in Uganda
- Return Policy: Replace or exchange your item within 2 weeks of receiving the product.
- Shipping Info: 2 business days via USPS
- This eco-friendly woven wall art decor which was handmade by women artisans in Uganda using ethical practices, and fair trade are an inspiration and a sustainable step to improving the lives of the craftspeople while keeping the environment in mind.
- Organic Dyes: Natural dyes are sustainable, eco-friendly, inexpensive, and very easy to source, being taken from plant sources like roots, berries, bark, leaves, wood, and fungi. It's also taken from certain insects and some minerals such as ochre. They are collected without the need to apply a manufacturing process, further diminishing its carbon footprint. Any waste from the process, and even the dye itself, is bio-degradable and non-polluting. Textile products colored with natural dyes are non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and baby-friendly.
- Plant Fibers: Plant fibers are widely used in many handicrafts because they are extremely sustainable and eco-friendly as well as being biodegradable and renewable. They are readily available which is why it is a favorite, low-cost option when creating premium products that do not harm the environment without sacrificing quality standards.
- End Of Life
- Both compostable and biodegradable
YOU'LL also LOVE
For every PRODUCT you PURCHASE,
a Tree is Planted in your NAME.
* ALL SHIPPING IS 100% CARBON OFFSET