Maya Side Table
Stunning, eclectic, and glamorous our round side tables are a coveted statement piece.
From books and magazines to picture frames and beverages, our woven side tables are an eye-catching addition to your everyday decor and a very functional table top. Add a glass top to these round table tops to hold coffee mugs or cups and pair with our unique sisal coasters.
- Bonus feature! Rotate the table upside down to transform it into a floor urn or use in your entryway as an umbrella stand. You can't go wrong with this gorgeous one-of-a-kind piece.
- Made fairly: Made of the highest quality natural raffia fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweet grass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
Artisans make things using traditional crafting methods in line with sustainable and eco-friendly practices.
The materials of the product can be broken down through environmentally harmless natural processes and are made from sustainable materials and plant by-products.
Materials that can decompose into soil whether through a natural process or in an industrial composting facility.
Products designed to cause the least harm to people and the environment through their production, disposal or both, often using reclaimed or recycled materials.
A formalized or witnessed organizational commitment to upholding moral standards including fairness, honesty, and expectations of responsiveness and accountability.
These products are made so that social, environmental, and economic standards are met to improve the lives of communities. Workers are ensured fair prices, livable wages, and direct and transparent deals.
Products made by hand on a small scale and are meant to last, all without using large energy-consuming factories and production facilities.
This ethical practise also aims to educate women and providing opportunities to support themselves, their communities, and encouraging other women to do the same.
Crafted with locally available resources typically derived from plants, animals, or other naturally occurring materials.
Materials that can be regeneratively produced like those made from plants and animals. This has a lower environmental impact compared to artificial products and metal.
- Product dimension: Approximately 14 inches D x 24 inches H
- Product Care:
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the table.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- Product of Origin: Handmade in Rwanda
- Return Policy: Returns accepted within 30 days of delivery.
- Shipping Info: 2 to 3 days, with one business day for processing.
- This excellent handmade side table is made from eco-friendly, sustainably sourced, renewable materials by women artisans in a fair trade and ethical setting.
- Organic Dyes: Natural dyes are sustainable, eco-friendly, inexpensive, and very easy to source, being taken from plant sources like roots, berries, bark, leaves, wood, and fungi. It's also taken from certain insects and some minerals such as ochre. They are collected without the need to apply a manufacturing process, further diminishing its carbon footprint. Any waste from the process, and even the dye itself, is bio-degradable and non-polluting. Textile products colored with natural dyes are non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and baby-friendly.
- Plant Fibers: Plant fibers are widely used in many handicrafts because they are extremely sustainable and eco-friendly as well as being biodegradable and renewable. They are readily available which is why it is a favorite, low-cost option when creating premium products that do not harm the environment without sacrificing quality standards.
- End Of Life
- Organic dyes and plant fibers are biodegradable and compostable.
YOU'LL also LOVE
For every PRODUCT you PURCHASE,
a Tree is Planted in your NAME.
* ALL SHIPPING IS 100% CARBON OFFSET