Terracotta-inspired Hand-Woven Pillow Case
Take a drive from New Delhi in any direction and once you leave the bustling city behind, you will start to see brick kilns dot the landscape. These small smokestacks have access to some of the world’s most fertile soil for their production. The red soil they use is the inspiration for the color in this design.
We created a handwoven pattern by dyeing strips of cotton fabric a beautiful terracotta color to create this unique fabric we made into a pillow and stool.
- Uniquely Earthly: The handwoven nature of the production process makes each pillow unique and showcases the skill of the artisan through this patiently crafted piece.
- Value Beyond Product: This artisanal Hand-Woven Pillow Case was made with a mindful effort for the environment and our fellow human beings. Following fair trade and ethical practices, this product was made by women using responsibly sourced materials to be as sustainable as possible.
Artisans make things using traditional crafting methods in line with sustainable and eco-friendly practices.
The materials of the product can be broken down through environmentally harmless natural processes and are made from sustainable materials and plant by-products.
The manufacturing approach aims to minimize waste with efficient design in order to maximize the function of each resource.
Materials that can decompose into soil whether through a natural process or in an industrial composting facility.
A formalized or witnessed organizational commitment to upholding moral standards including fairness, honesty, and expectations of responsiveness and accountability.
These products are made so that social, environmental, and economic standards are met to improve the lives of communities. Workers are ensured fair prices, livable wages, and direct and transparent deals.
Products made by hand on a small scale and are meant to last, all without using large energy-consuming factories and production facilities.
This ethical practise also aims to educate women and providing opportunities to support themselves, their communities, and encouraging other women to do the same.
Crafted with locally available resources typically derived from plants, animals, or other naturally occurring materials.
Materials that can be recovered and reprocessed into base materials to turn into new products.
- Product Dimensions: 14 inches x 20 inches
- Colors/Variations, etc: Terracotta Design and Off-white Color
- Features: Concealed zipper closure on back side
- Product Care: Hand wash or a delicate cycle with like colored fabrics recommended. Hang to Dry.
- Place of Origin: Made in India
- Return Policy: Returns accepted within 30 days of delivery.
- Shipping Info: 4 to 6 days, with one business day for processing.
- Using a handloom helps to lower the carbon footprint of this hand-woven pillowcase, and being made by women in an ethical and fair trade environment is a conscious effort to improve the lives of the artists who make this product possible.
- Handwoven Cotton: Handwoven fabrics are made by hand using a handloom, which does not require electricity or produce any pollution.
- End Of Life
- Compostable, Biodegradable, and Recyclable
YOU'LL also LOVE
For every PRODUCT you PURCHASE,
a Tree is Planted in your NAME.
* ALL SHIPPING IS 100% CARBON OFFSET