Natural Fringed Lamp Pendant
Functional, practical, and stunning, our lighting pendants will shine in any space!
These pendants can be used as decoration and accent lighting anywhere in your home. Bought a new lamp and don't like the shade? Easy fix! Replace the lamp shade for these beautifully crafted and decorative pendants. They are ready to hang over your dining room table or home office for an eclectic and worldly feel.
- Made Fairly: These delicately textured and woven pendants were made by groups of women across Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together raffia and banana fibers to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Palms to Lights: Raffia is harvested by extracting liquid from the raffia palm tree. At first, raffia is green but It is then stripped and dried by the brilliant rays of Uganda sunshine and turns into a beige color. Once fully dried, they are dyed and the material is distributed to the weavers who take the materials to their homes where they weave your beautiful home decor products right alongside caring for their families and farms. Imagine, the pendant in your home first started it's life half a world away in a woman's home in rural Uganda!
Artisans make things using traditional crafting methods in line with sustainable and eco-friendly practices.
The materials of the product can be broken down through environmentally harmless natural processes and are made from sustainable materials and plant by-products.
Materials that can decompose into soil whether through a natural process or in an industrial composting facility.
Products designed to cause the least harm to people and the environment through their production, disposal or both, often using reclaimed or recycled materials.
A formalized or witnessed organizational commitment to upholding moral standards including fairness, honesty, and expectations of responsiveness and accountability.
These products are made so that social, environmental, and economic standards are met to improve the lives of communities. Workers are ensured fair prices, livable wages, and direct and transparent deals.
Products made by hand on a small scale and are meant to last, all without using large energy-consuming factories and production facilities.
This ethical practise also aims to educate women and providing opportunities to support themselves, their communities, and encouraging other women to do the same.
Crafted with locally available resources typically derived from plants, animals, or other naturally occurring materials.
Materials that can be regeneratively produced like those made from plants and animals. This has a lower environmental impact compared to artificial products and metal.
- Product dimension: Approximately 9.5 inches D x 16 inches H
- Product Care:
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the pendants.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- Product of Origin: Made in Uganda
- Return Policy: Returns accepted within 30 days of delivery.
- Shipping Info: 2 to 3 days, with one business day for processing.
- This artisanal handmade lamp was made by women crafters in a fair trade and ethical setting using completely natural, biodegradable, and renewable resources that were obtained responsibly and sustainably.
- Plant Fibers: Plant fibers are widely used in many handicrafts because they are extremely sustainable and eco-friendly as well as being biodegradable and renewable. They are readily available which is why it is a favorite, low-cost option when creating premium products that do not harm the environment without sacrificing quality standards.
- Organic Dyes: Natural dyes are sustainable, eco-friendly, inexpensive, and very easy to source, being taken from plant sources like roots, berries, bark, leaves, wood, and fungi. It's also taken from certain insects and some minerals such as ochre. They are collected without the need to apply a manufacturing process, further diminishing its carbon footprint. Any waste from the process, and even the dye itself, is bio-degradable and non-polluting. Textile products colored with natural dyes are non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and baby-friendly.
- Made Without
- Plastics, Synthetic Fibers, and Synthetic Dyes
- End Of Life
- Completely Biodegradable and Compostable
YOU'LL also LOVE
For every PRODUCT you PURCHASE,
a Tree is Planted in your NAME.
* ALL SHIPPING IS 100% CARBON OFFSET